Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My View at MIG, Inc.



So since I spend 40+ hours a week sitting at this desk, I thought I'd take a few pictures to show what I look at for most of the work day. First off, I LOVE my office. It's located in downtown Portland. The building was built in the early 1900s, as were most of the buildings on the surrounding blocks. It sits right next to one of the MAX stops (the light rail) so looking out my window, I see a perfect (and sometimes goofy) cross-section of Portlanders milling around.

As for my desk, my big flat screen is the main focal point, as I spend most of my time answering and composing emails, searching for marketing opportunities, creating proposals, filling in spreadsheets, messing around with PowerPoint, Illustrator, etc...and organizing files on our server. And speaking of organizing, my mom would be SOOOO proud of my filing system! Much to Don's amusement, I asked Bettie Jo and Denman for a labelmaker for Christmas 2 years ago. He kind of rolled his eyes at how excited I was when I got it. But boy, has the puppy been broken in! As far as I'm concerned, my filing cabinet is a work of art. And with the way it's organized, our marketing efforts at work won't come to a screeching halt while I'm gone. (At least I HOPE not, anyway!)

To the left of my computer I keep two small framed photos--one of Don and I that was taken shortly after we got engaged, and one of my mom when she was a teenager. It's my favorite picture of her--she's got her back to the camara, but has swung around to give that luminous smile as she dangles her feet out over the Grand Canyon. She looks so confident and happy and carefree in it. As my good friend Jen would say, she was a real Dame Rocket.

When I need to feel centered, I look at the picture of Don and I, when I need a bit of an energy boost, I look at my mom's. I love having those photos nearby. I'm sure come fall, when I return from maternity leave, my desk will become LITTERED with baby pictures, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment