Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My day after work with Jack.

Today was Jack's first walk sitting up in his stroller! It was a cold, blustery, late March afternoon. My little guy and I got bundled up and off we went, out to explore the neighborhood.
We saw some pretty flowers.
Sleepy and content, Jack enjoyed looking at all of the pretty houses and all of the yards bursting with flowers.
He waited patiently while I took a picture of this pile of phone books.
I counted seven--all in various states of decomposition.
(Funny, though usually an eerie word, "decomposition" has a nice ring to it when talking about books.)
Soon it was time for a little siesta with his bear, while I walked us to the park, enjoying the birds chirping their evening songs.
Then it was park time. We enjoyed a snuggle, Jack nestled on my lap, watching a golden labradoodle chase after her ball. Then a drop here and there turned to sprinkles and it was time to stroll our way home.
A bottle, a tasty bowl of oatmeal, some pizza for me, a warm bath and time spent in the rocking chair listening to my old music boxes.
My son drifted off to sleep in my arms. 
And it was the perfect end to a perfect evening.

1 comment:

  1. what an awesome afternoon! i wish we could have joined you, it sounds beautiful (especially the nestling part and the pizza finale).

    ReplyDelete