Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Arts & Crafting the Nest


So of course, with our little boy on the way, Don and I are even more conscious of saving money. We've started to carefully track where every penny goes, clipping coupons, cooking almost solely at home, making my lunch for work, planning out our meals for the week before we go grocery shopping. We make a pretty good team!

I also started getting a bit crafty. I love writing little sweet nothings to friends and family, but pricey stationary is not very high on the priority list at the moment. A trip to Michaels and the Dollar Store later and now I've got a nice supply of correspondence. :) It's also a good way to satiate this constant nesting instinct! I swear I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night rethinking where the paintings and pictures are hanging on our walls, or how I really need to reorganize my filing cabinet, closets, kitchen, bookshelves.... Don's been really helpful in doing all of the heavy and not-so-heavy lifting, but even he will probably draw the line at my latest desire to scrub the bathroom walls!

But so far, we've rearranged the living room and the bedroom, and are making plans to rent a storage unit at the beginning of June for all of Don's music equipment so we can turn the studio into the baby's room. I really, REALLY hope that we won't have to live here much longer. It's quite a sacrifice on his part and I hate that he has to make it. But if all goes as planned we'll be in a larger apartment by sometime next year. Then the focus will shift to saving for our first house.

But first things first. Gotta tackle those bathroom walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment