Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Better Late Than Never


So......sorry Bettie Jo, but I JUST finished my wedding album. I know that's terrible! Bettie Jo, the most amazing mother-in-law in the world, gave Don and I a beautiful, embossed wedding album and went to the trouble of photo-copying every page so that I could have a test run before filling out the real pages. Well, as the story goes, I put it off at first because I was just, well..."wedding'd out" after we got home from out honeymoon. I put it in the bookshelf and told myself that I would complete it within the month. That month soon turned into a year, then another, then another, then the situation became like that friend you've been meaning to call. You wait just long enough that you feel so bad about NOT calling that you put it off even longer! That album was calling my name every time I saw it, so I just took to averting my eyes when I'd walk past that bookcase. :)

But it's funny what a kick in the pants pregnancy is. When we saw that tiny heart beating away, I knew it was 'time to put away childish things' take stock of my life and take care of business. And for some reason my wedding album landed smack dab on the top of my 'to do' list. And now it's finally done! And now that I've put in the last picture and wrote my last description of the events, funny enough, I'm kind of glad I waited.

I got to spend two days walking down memory lane looking through all of the photos, reading through the organizer I kept when we were planning it. And in a way I got to relive that amazing, fabulous, most special day. Can't wait for you to see it, Bettie Jo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment