Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Gift from the Past

We received a package yesterday from Bettie Jo and Denman. Inside were all of these goodies for our baby boy including a gift card to Babies R Us, a silver framed photo album, a CD of lullabies for Don and I to sing along to for our little guy's entertainment, little waterproof diaper covers :), three books, including The Poky Little Puppy, Bambi, and a book filled with nursery rhymes, and much needed slipper socks for me and my tired, achy feet.

Along with all of these great gifts were three precious little outfits made of delicate fabric with sweet little embroideries on each. My very first thought was, "Wow, these look like vintage retro baby clothes!" I was very impressed with the lines and style and attention to detail. Then I noticed that one of the tags inside the yellow outfit was missing, like it had worn off over time. And I realized, they WERE vintage. Once upon a time, 38 years ago, Don wore each one of these little outfits! How special and wonderful is that?? My heart just melts at the thought of our little sweet boy wearing these clothes.

At Christmas, Bettie Jo gifted us Don's silver baby rattle.

I just cannot wait until we can take pictures of him in his Daddy's clothes shaking his little rattle in his chubby fist.

Thank you, Bettie Jo and Denman! We love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment